[Rcpp-devel] Have I noticed memory management bug in RcppArmadillo or is this the intended behaviour?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 17:24:10 CEST 2011

Slava,

On 29 October 2011 at 01:54, Slava Razbash wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| > i)  Not reproducible as I don't have 'learningMatrix.h'.
|
| Here is "learningMatrix.h":
|
| #ifndef _mypac_LEARNING_MATRIX_H
| #define _mypac_LEARNING_MATRIX_H
|
|  #include <RcppArmadillo.h>
|
|  RcppExport SEXP fastLm(SEXP ys, SEXP Xs) ;
|
|  #endif
|
| Here is "learningMatrix.cpp":
|
| #include "learningMatrix.h"
|
| SEXP fastLm(SEXP ys, SEXP Xs) {
|
|      return R_NilValue;
| }
|
| > ii) What is baseline function and how do you measure memory use?
| >     Just by looking at top(1) ?
|
| I have been using windows 7 and looking at memory use in the Task Manager.
| If have been calling for() { .Call()  }  from terminal prompt, there
| were no other functions.
| I have not yet had time to try it on a *nix OS.

Looks like we emailed in parallel.

What I just sent back to you and the list should work the same way on Windoze
using Rscript instead of littler, and the task manager to read out memory
use.  While you (as I recall) don't get microbenchmark you can still get a
stab at the measurements from your end.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx