[Rcpp-devel] Request for help with compiling Rcpp example

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Thu Oct 13 18:53:38 CEST 2011

> | I wrote an function to check that you have a valid R development
> | environment (with help from Simon Urbanek) for devtools.  See code
> | below - and check with has_devel()
>
> Nice. We should borrow that idea as the issue comes up /a lot/.

Please!

> One improvement I would make--even though each user has his own tempdir()--is
> to follow inline and also make the filename temporary ... in which case you
> can dispense with the different on.exit(unlink(...)) calls.  I think. Untest :)

I'm pretty sure each R session gets it's own tempdir() so I think the
unlink() is already unnecessary, but it does ensure that temp files
are cleaned up immediately, not just when you exit R. (Not so
important here, but useful when you're building packages etc and want
to eliminate the chances of using an old version).

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/