[Rcpp-devel] can one modify array in R memory from C++ without copying it?

romain at r-enthusiasts.com romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Fri Nov 4 08:28:49 CET 2011

Not a bug, this is expected behaviour.

If you pass a matrix of ints to the NumericVector ctor, Rcpp has no choice but to coerce the data to a matrix of double, which means new data, hence the original data does not get modified.

If you pass a matrix of double, no copy is required, therefore Rcpp operates directly on the data.

Those are features.