[Rcpp-devel] trans() changed in latest RcppArmadillo

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 00:13:54 CEST 2011

Dear list,

The latest RcppArmadillo broke some code that worked for me before,
and produces erroneous results. I have just tracked down the origin of
the problem to a change in the armadillo library: applying trans() to
complex matrices now takes the complex conjugate as well as
transposing. Using strans() restores the original behavior. I though
I'd warn other RcppArmadillo users to check their code if it uses
complex linear algebra. Rather curiously, strans() cannot be applied
on real matrices, so trans() should be kept there.

Best regards,

baptiste