[Rcpp-devel] Re-using C++ code from a package with modules and defining linker flags using Rscript

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 16 13:33:17 CEST 2011

On 16 May 2011 at 10:28, Jelmer Ypma wrote:
| Thanks for both your replies. I got it working the way I wanted. If
| someone's interested, a simple example with two packages can be
| downloaded here: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~uctpjyy/downloads/RcppEx.zip
|
| QuadFunc defines a C++ class that is used in C++ code in QuadFuncVec.

So you define function CxxFlags() and LdFlags() in your package just like we
do for Rcpp --- that is indeed just about the only way I could think of.

Glad know you got that working.

Dirk

PS Also try

   -e "QuadFunc:::CxxFlags()")

   instead of

   -e "library(QuadFunc); QuadFunc:::CxxFlags()")

   as the ::: finds unexported symbols, that usually works from unloaded
   packages too.  And because of LinkingTo: QuadFunc you may not need the
   CxxFlags.

--
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com