[Rcpp-devel] Unable to install RcppArmadillo from CRAN or from SVN archive on Ubuntu 10.10

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 2 01:16:08 CEST 2011

Sorry for the delay in replying. It was busy here with the R/Finance
conference I helped put together.

On 29 April 2011 at 11:59, Douglas Bates wrote:
| OK, this is bizarre.  I am able to install the RcppArmadillo package
| on my current setup provided that I turn on optimization in the call
| to g++ to compile RcppArmadillo.cpp.  The only difference between the
| following two calls is the -O3 flag.  (I haven't tried other levels of
| optimization yet but presumably it would work with -O and -O2).

Interesting.  I tend to have -O3 set in CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS in ~/.R/Makevars
so it gets used.

I lean towards filing this under compiler bug. The template stuff may be
pushing the compiler a little. Does removing -g make a difference?

On 29 April 2011 at 12:08, Douglas Bates wrote:
| And I can get past R CMD check Rcpp if I include -O3 in CXXFLAGS.

So is that a good enough modus operandi for you?

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com