[Rcpp-devel] useDynLib

Sean Robert McGuffee sean.mcguffee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:29:52 CEST 2011

Dear Rcpp List,

I¹ve been looking at some R packages that use libraries and I have figured
out that there is a keyword in the NAMESPACE file that I would like to
understand. I¹m at a complete loss for what the NAMESPACE file is or how to
get help for what goes in it. Has anyone found a resource for this type of
info?

I tried the obvious help in R, but as usual, that is of no help:

help(useDynLib)
No documentation for 'useDynLib' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try '??useDynLib'
> ??useDynLib
No help files found matching ŒuseDynLib¹ using fuzzy matching

Thanks,
Sean