[Rcpp-devel] R Embedded in a class function

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 23:31:53 CET 2011

On 17 March 2011 at 17:03, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| On 17 March 2011 at 14:33, Davor Cubranic wrote:
| | If you have some specific code, that would help. If you by "class function" you mean to ask "is it possible to create an embedded R instance inside a method?", then the answer is "yes". But there are several things you may be doing incorrectly, and seeing your code would mean we can address the one that is the problem.
|
| Yes, well put Davor.
|
| And it so happens that I just wrote an example of instantiating RInside and
| passing to Qt so that you'd get 'R inside Qt'.  That is now in SVN for
| RInside but I haven't even gotten around to writing a short blog post about
| it.  Maybe on the weekend...

I forgot to give the URL:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/inst/examples/qt/?root=rinside

This reimplements the old 'tkdensity' density estimation with a slider for
the bandwidth with a twist: data generation is an R expression, so I default
to a simple mixture of two normals.

Dirk

| Dirk
|
| | Davor
| |
| |
| | On 2011-03-17, at 2:11 PM, CESAR PERNALETE wrote:
| |
| | > I need to embed an R function in a class function. I have seen in all of the examples that the embed of R always is made in the main function. It possible to do it in a class function?
| | > How would be?
| | >
| | > I tried to do it, and first argc, argv variables were expected. Then i assigned values to this variables in this way:
| | >
| | > const char *agv = "./main";  //No parameters are needed by the main function
| | > int agc = 1;
| | > RInside R(agc,&agv);  // create an embedded R instance
| | >
| | > In this case no error were found at compiling, but the embed didn't work.
| | >
| | > If some of you have some idea i would appreciate your help.
| |