[Rcpp-devel] variable affectation in Rcpp Rcpp Armadillo

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jun 16 05:00:26 CEST 2011

On 15 June 2011 at 20:17, Nicolas Heslot wrote:
| Any idea about this variable reaffectation thing?

Well ... that still make little sense. Variables are not protected; there is
nothing stopping you from re-assigning values, be it element-wise, row or
column-wise, or as a whole matrix. So I suspect you have a simple syntax
error.

But as you still have not shown an actualy error it remains idle speculation
on our side.

| It seems to be specific to arma classes like arma::mat

Not really. We all use these and read values from / assign values into at
will.  There are numerous examples in the archives of this mailing list, in
the unit tests, and in some of the slides from past presentations.

Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com