[Rcpp-devel] Namespace error

soeren.vogel at uzh.ch soeren.vogel at uzh.ch
Wed Jun 15 20:07:34 CEST 2011

Hello

(BCC recipients FYI.)

We refer to the discussion about the namespace error, e.g., here

http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/rcpp-devel/2011-June/002435.html

We have not yet get rid of the error, although the package load fine after installation. Just exposing the module and creating the reference class constructor object "by hand" at the R side after loading, does *not* provoke such an error (yet, we want the constructor object to be loaded automatically on startup). We *mean* we have followed the helpful vignettes and instructions in Rcpp, yet, our package should be published and thus resolving the issue is somewhat urgent. Could you help with advices? The whole submission is available here:

http://sovo.md-hh.com/files/GUTS_0.1.tar.gz

Note that if you try to compile, GUTS expects the C++ library boost at /opt/local/include (on a Mac = default with mac port).

Thanks in advance, and we also welcome your opinion on the code in the package! SVN at googlecode would be available soon.

Sören and Carlo

R: sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)
locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8
attached base packages:
other attached packages:
[1] Rcpp_0.9.4.2
[1] tools_2.13.0

And the CHECK error reads:
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'GUTS', details:
  call: value[[3L]](cond)
  error: failed to load module modguts from package GUTS
could not find function "getClass"
Execution halted
A namespace must be able to be loaded with just the base namespace
loaded: otherwise if the namespace gets loaded by a saved object, the
session will be unable to start.
Probably some imports need to be declared in the NAMESPACE file.