[Rcpp-devel] Using inline in Winxp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jul 30 15:36:51 CEST 2011

(Please do not send to  rcpp-devel-request at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at   which is for
subscriptions requests etc)

On 30 July 2011 at 19:08, 该走了 wrote:
| When I use inline in winxp, I have met a problem:
| Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) :
|   Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! cygwin warning:
|   MS-DOS style path detected: c:/PROGRA~1/r/R-213~1.1/etc/i386/Makeconf
|   Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
| /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/r/R-213~1.1/etc/i386/Makeconf
|   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
|   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
|     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
| g++.exe: c:/Program: No such file or directory
| g++.exe: Files/R/R-2.13.1/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/libRcpp.a: No such
| file or directory

You appear to have a space in the installation path, see how the line broke
after C:/Program and continies with Files/R/R-2.13.1/....

| The g++.exe can not find the path "c:/Program
| Files/R/R-2.13.1/library/Rcpp/lib/i386/libRcpp.a" because there is a
| space
| between "Program" and "Files".
|
| How can I overcome this problem, should I change the installing
| location of Rcpp package or change some env variable to make the g++
| work?

You may have to install R in a different location -- I personally put open
source stuff onto c:/opt/ so for me it is often c:/opt/R/R-current/ (and the
R-current name avoids the silly renamed of $PATH etc for each new version).

So yes it all works if you avoid paths with spaces. I was about to link to
the 'checks' on the CRAN website but those links are currently broken :-/

If you want to keep your current location you may have to rework all the
Makefiles to not autocompute the path of Rcpp and RInside as that is where it
breaks.

Hope this helps,  Dirk

--
Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com