[Rcpp-devel] Stack imbalance warning when using Rcpp and OpenMP

Michael Braun braunm at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 27 05:01:46 CEST 2011

Dirk:

I am sorry I was not clearer about what I am trying to accomplish.  The issue is with operating on elements of an Rcpp::List object in parallel.  Before posting to the list, I had looked at the example to which you refer.  But I am missing where the example does anything with an Rcpp object in parallel at all.  Nor do I see any instance of thread synchronization.  So I am not sure how the example helps.  I have already tried the ordered directive (segfaults every time), and the critical directives around the call to func (no change).  I don't know what else I could do with OpenMP; this is such a simple example.  Perhaps you have something specific in mind.  Is there any way you (or someone else on the list) could give me another hint?

Thanks,

Michael