[Rcpp-devel] wordcloud

Tim Triche, Jr. tim.triche at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 20:26:54 CEST 2011

What do you use when you write larger packages (eg. RcppArmadillo)?

I've always just used vim but that's because I'm stupendously lazy (also
because I have R set up to call vim when I use the fix() function, so it all
looks the same to me)

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 23 July 2011 at 09:43, ian.fellows at stat.ucla.edu wrote:
> | > And lastly ... given that also know Java so well: what works well /
> | better with Rcpp for you?
> |
> | Speed. wordcloud was a cute little weekend project, but for my
> | dissertation work, high performance is a primary concern, so I'm
> designing
> | it from the ground up using Rcpp (nothing public yet).
>
> Nice. Looking forward to hearing about it once complete.
>
> | It is much slower going for me to code in c++, partly due to my lack of
> | experience, and partly due to my inability to find an IDE with good code
> | completion / syntax error detection. My understanding is that (due to
> | extensive use of templates), this is something I'll just have to live
> | with. I'm open to suggestions though. I'm currently using Eclipse CDT.
>
> That is an open issue. Eclipse CDT is usually listed as one of the more
> feature complete IDEs.  Emacs has some add-ons suh as cedet and ecb; there
> is
> Qt Creator too but nothing perfect.
>
> Dirk
>
> --
> Gauss once played himself in a zero-sum game and won $50.
>                      -- #11 at http://www.gaussfacts.com

If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they
do not realize how complicated life is.
John von Neumann<http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Biographies/Von_Neumann.html>