[Rcpp-devel] Warning 'Rcpp’ is not available -- package installation problem on a cluster

Marius Hofert m_hofert at web.de
Fri Jan 28 11:30:31 CET 2011

Dear Rcpp experts,

My goal was to install optimx() on a cluster ("Brutus", ETH Zurich). I installed other packages there with no problem. On installing optimx() I received the error message:

## ==== start ====

** preparing package for lazy loading
Error : package 'Rcpp' 0.8.2 was found, but >= 0.8.5 is required by 'minqa'
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘minqa’
* removing ‘/cluster/home/math/hofertj/library/minqa’

The downloaded packages are in
	‘/tmp/RtmpauAqix/downloaded_packages’
Warning message:
In install.packages("minqa", lib = "/cluster/home/math/hofertj/library") :
 installation of package 'minqa' had non-zero exit status

## ==== end ====

so my next goal was to install the latest version of Rcpp. On doing so, I obtained:

Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
 package ‘Rcpp’ is not available

I found an article [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3391631/installing-rcpp-in-r-2-10-on-ubuntu] in which Dirk suggested to try a different mirror. But I get the same message with other mirrors, e.g., install.packages("Rcpp", repos="http://cran.us.r-project.org").

Why is package 'Rcpp' not available?

Cheers,

Marius