[Rcpp-devel] Loading a package using Rcpp Modules results in memory corruption

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 10 22:38:30 CET 2011

On 10 January 2011 at 16:17, Dominick Samperi wrote:
| On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|     Unless I am mistaken, you have sent one patch.  For a system / compiler
|     combination not used by R itself and also of limited to no interest to
|     Romain
|     and myself, so we declined to use it.  That is all.  That does not
|     constitute
|     cooperation.
|
|     If you actually sent patches we have something to look at.  But I reckon
|     you
|     like producing hot air much more than working on code.  Each at their own.
|
|     As for 'cooperative', well, I may get to that once I stop giggling.
|

| Well, since you dismiss real bug fixes as bogus, and overrule changes

There was no bug fix.  A fix is provided by a working and tested patch. There
was none.  And I told you so this morning.

| (my patches) that would make Rcpp more portable and reliable, even

As we repeatedly said, Romain and I have no interest in supporting a compiler
not supported by R Core for R itself.  But you are of course free to release
VisualRcppPackTemplate or whatever.

| when Romain agrees that they could be useful, cooperation does seem
| to be a joke of some kind.
|
| Merging Rcpp into cxxPack may be the only way that I can move on to
| the work that really interests me. I am open to other suggestions from
| the R community...

Your repeated referral to the R community is amusing, given how you insulted
the community at large repeatedly and consistently. I am sure folks can't
wait to get back to you as you are just such a pleasure to work with.

Oh, and I did I mention that you haven't updated cxxPack in seven months, not
even the trivial LinkingTo change that we asked you several times to use?

Funny how every other (CRAN) package using Rcpp seems to be working just
fine.  Guess we all must be doing something wrong.