[Rcpp-devel] Ancient Rcpp for OS X on CRAN [Was: Building/linking trouble with cxxfunction()]

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Feb 22 23:12:09 CET 2011

On 22 February 2011 at 16:53, Simon Urbanek wrote:
| i386 = 32-bit (not that is matters) and the CRAN specs are listed in "CRAN Package Check Flavors" saying OS X 10.5.8, gcc 4.2.1 (5577 to be precise).
| I can only speculate why they are not affected, and I'd say it's because they use 10.6 and not 10.5 (consequence of which are different compilers as well).

Is there any expectation of you upgrading these from OS X 10.5 to 10.6?

Is there a possibility that you bifurcate the builds into 'current' and
'older' systems which, IIRC, is done for Windoze as per
http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_Rcpp.html

It is a bit of a mismatch that you pull pre-release versions of R itself yet
host them on older OS versions.

Anyway---I will point our OS X user to source installs.

There is no issue AFAICT with Rcpp. I cannot trigger a single warning with
the three g++ versions at my disposal all of which are more recent than what
you deploy.

Thanks for running the builds and the continued help.