[Rcpp-devel] Ancient Rcpp for OS X on CRAN [Was: Building/linking trouble with cxxfunction()]

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Feb 22 21:21:14 CET 2011

On 22 February 2011 at 13:49, Ken.Williams at thomsonreuters.com wrote:
| On 2/22/11 11:45 AM, "Simon Urbanek" <simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:
|

| >On Feb 22, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >

| >>Simon:  Are there are any reasons Rcpp is frozen on a version that is
| >>five
| >> months old and five releases behind?
| >>

| >Yes, it's not passing checks - it's that simple:
| >http://www.R-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-prerel-macosx-ix86/Rcpp-00check.h
| >tml
|
| On my machine, which is running R 2.12.1 on OS X 10.6.6 with nothing
| remarkable changed (e.g. GCC is at 4.2.1), Rcpp_0.9.1.tar.gz builds &
| tests & installs fine from the source release.

Thanks for doing that. I was about to beg you do it. As I mentioned, I seem
to recall that it also works swimmingly on Romain's OS X machine.  So there
error may be somewhere between Simon and his computers ...

| The last part of the output (where it differs from the Rcpp-00check.html
| above) is:
|
| =====================
| * checking tests ...
| ** running tests for arch Œi386¹
|   Running ŒdoRUnit.R¹
|  OK
| ** running tests for arch Œx86_64¹
|   Running ŒdoRUnit.R¹
|  OK
| * checking package vignettes in Œinst/doc¹ ... OK
| * checking PDF version of manual ... OK
|
| R CMD CHECK .  425.14s user 57.08s system 98% cpu 8:07.23 total
|

| I noticed that on OS X the check server is using "r-prerel".  Why's that?
| What version of R does that mean?

Fresh from SVN I reckon. I happen to have built one from the r-devel branch
earlier which says
  R version 2.13.0 Under development (unstable) (2011-02-22 r54544)
and then there are of course the R 2.12.2 pre-releases (currently at 'rc'
following 'alpha' and 'beta') per the usual schedule (and I put two of them
into Debian unstable too).

Simon is probably running those 2.12.2 pre-releases.