[Rcpp-devel] Ancient Rcpp for OS X on CRAN [Was: Building/linking trouble with cxxfunction()]

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Feb 22 18:45:06 CET 2011

On Feb 22, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 22 February 2011 at 11:26, Ken.Williams at thomsonreuters.com wrote:
> | On 2/22/11 11:13 AM, "Dirk Eddelbuettel" <edd at debian.org> wrote:
> | >Just a quick note to say that ...

> | >... this ain't so. Are you running an old R version that looks into a
> | >versioned subtree of CRAN?  Rcpp is at 0.9.1, its Archive/ has the
> | >history up
> | >from 0.6.0. See http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/index.html
> |
> | Oh!  Looks like the GUI package installer in R.app was set to just show
> | the latest OS X binary on CRAN, which is 0.8.6. Is there some reason
> | that's trailing the source release?
>
> Crap, you're absolutely correct. Forgot about the OS X aspect, as well as my
> mental note to bug Simon about the stone-old build, so doing that now.
>
> Simon:  Are there are any reasons Rcpp is frozen on a version that is five
> months old and five releases behind?

Yes, it's not passing checks - it's that simple:
http://www.R-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-prerel-macosx-ix86/Rcpp-00check.html

And OS X is not the only place as you'll see when you look at
http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_Rcpp.html

You may want to keep an eye on your check results ...

Cheers,
Simon