[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] Rcpp 0.9.8

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Dec 24 00:52:36 CET 2011

On 22 December 2011 at 06:52, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Rcpp 0.9.8 went to CRAN this morning, below is the usual blog post in case
| you haven't seen it (and the blog at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/ has
| links).

[...]

|        o   wrap now handles 64 bit integers (int64_t, uint64_t) and containers
|            of them, and Rcpp now depends on the int64 package (also on
|            CRAN).  This work has been sponsored by the Google Open Source
|            Programs Office.

We have come to realize that support for int64 currently comes at the expense
of no longer supporting 'unsigned long' and 'long' types.  As these are used
by a few packages on CRAN, we inadvertently broke those package --- sorry!

We will try to fix this within the next few days. One possibility would be
rolling out a new Rcpp 0.9.9 which will provide all the changes from 0.9.7 to
0.9.8 with the exception of the int64 changeset.

Again, sorry about the API change.  We normally try to make changes to Rcpp
without creating undesirable side effects

Regards, Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx