[Rcpp-devel] How to add Rccp to a configure script

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 13 18:21:26 CET 2011

Deqiang,

On 12 December 2011 at 12:02, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Deqiang,
|
| On 12 December 2011 at 11:31, deqiang sun wrote:
| | Hi Rcpp team,
| |
| | I made some modification to a open source program which uses configure for installation. I can manually write a make file to compile the original program plus Rcpp and RInside modifications. I am wondering whether you can help add auto configuration. The program is at http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/downloads/cufflinks-1.2.1.tar.gz
|
| A few quick points:
|
|   a)  There is an entire vignette devoted to this: Rcpp-package.
|
|   b)  It is best to avoid configure and get by just using src/Makevars as we
|       ourselves learned over the years from Simon and others
|
|   c)  There are now over 40 packages on CRAN using Rcpp, these should provide
|       stanzas.
|
|   d)  If you need specific help, please ask specific questions.
|
|   e)  Lastly, if you must, you can indeed call something like
|
|                 Rscipt -e "Rcpp:::LdPaths()"
|
|       from configure. But see point b) above.

And if I misread your mail and you "simply" want to add RInside and Rcpp to
an existing project, see the Makefiles in the different example directories
of the RInside package.

You will be to do something similar via configure, which is not hard once you
know a little configure. There are numerous tutorials on the web...

Hope this helps, Dirk

| Hope this helps,  Dirk
|
| --
| "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too
| dark to read." -- Groucho Marx

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx