[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo 0.2.32 with Armadillo 2.4.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 5 13:28:36 CET 2011

Congratulations (as well as thanks!) to Conrad for Armadillo 2.4.0. I happen
to catch his release right before going to bed last night and prepared 0.2.32
which is now on CRAN.

Changes to the pre-releases 2.3.91/2.3.92 (packages as 0.2.30 and 0.2.31) are
small, but there are a number of changes relative to the Armadillo 2.2.*
series. Here is what I put into our NEWS file quoting from his notes:

0.2.32  2011-12-04

    o   Upgraded to Armadillo test release 2.4.0 "Loco Lounge Lizard"

    o   Minimal changes relative to 0.2.31 based on 2.3.92, next section is
        relative to the previous stable release series 2.2.* of Armadillo

          * added shorter forms of transposes: .t() and .st()
          * added optional use of 64 bit indices, allowing matrices to have
            more than 4 billion elements
          * added experimental support for C++11 initialiser lists
          * faster pinv()
          * faster inplace transpose
          * faster handling of expressions with diagonal views
          * fixes for handling expressions with aliasing and submatrices
          * fixes for linking on Ubuntu and Debian systems
          * fixes for inconsistencies in interactions between matrices and
            cubes
          * refactored code to eliminate warnings when using the Clang C++
            compiler
          * .print_trans() and .raw_print_trans() are deprecated

Cheers,  Dirk

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx