[Rcpp-devel] Some OpenMP tips (forwarded message from Simon Urbanek)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 30 03:14:40 CEST 2011

Simon puts things quite clearly on the line in this r-devel mailing list
post.  This is more or less what I was trying to recommend to Michael
earlier, but Simon is of course a greater authority than me in these matters.

Rcpp should help in this. Transfer all data into pure C++ / STL containers,
so OpenMP work and transfer back.  Performance may well be better than the
serial case yet still be clearly sublinear as in the example I posted / added
to the Rcpp SVN a few days ago.

An embedded message was scrubbed...