[Rcpp-devel] Question for the Rcpp

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 4 22:05:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Yi Zhao <zhaoyitj2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I have written a package with Rcpp. Now I need to test how fast is the
> function that I wrote.
>
> I am wondering to know is there any function or tools to show the time that
> it cost?

The basic function to time the evaluation of an function call or other
type of R expression is system.time().  See the manual page for it.

We often use the benchmark function in the rbenchmark package to
perform multiple repetitions of timings of different expressions and
compare the results.

> And also is there any instruction to write a help file for R function?

The "Writing R Extensions" manual.