[Rcpp-devel] Unable to install RcppArmadillo from CRAN or from SVN archive on Ubuntu 10.10

Conrad Sanderson conradsand at ieee.org
Fri Apr 29 16:23:55 CEST 2011

On 29 April 2011 23:40, Jan de Leeuw <deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu> wrote:
> So it may be the LLVM g++ compiler (note that this is
> a developer version which has not been released yet,
> comes with Xcode 4.1) or an unfortunate interaction
> of that compiler with libraries in /usr/local.

I suggest filing a bug with Apple.  The LLVM compiler is rather fresh,
and it appears that it's still not ready for production use.

Perhaps Apple is doing an elaborate public beta test with this
developer version.  If so, one has to wonder whether Apple internally
lacks sufficiently varied test cases.