[Rcpp-devel] [OT] R/Finance 2011: Ten days remaining

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 19 16:34:57 CEST 2011

[ Pardon the almost off-topic post, but in case you can a) make it to Chicago
  and b) would like to listen to Romain and myself for an entire day, we will
  be giving a day-long workshop on Rcpp on the 28th.  We are at thirteen
  participants, so some spots remain to our target of fifteen and cap of
  twenty.

  In case you do not want to register for R/Finance we could arrange; just
  email me off list.   --Dirk ]

R/Finance 2011 will take place in about ten days on April 29-30 in Chicago.
The finalised conference agenda in pdf format is available at

  http://www.RinFinance.com/agenda/agenda.pdf

Building on the success of the two previous conferences in 2009 and
2010, we are expecting more than 200 attendees from around the world
representing both industry and academia to join a record 30+
presentations covering all areas of finance with R.

This year we are excited to have longer tutorial sessions. These tree
optional pre-conference tutorials are offered on the morning of April 29:

  J Ryan              Automated Trading with R		3 slots remaining
  G Yollin/S Payseur  High-Freq Analysis with R		sold out
  E Zivot    	      Financial Risk Models with R	3 slots remaining

Also, and for the first time, an optional full-day workshop is offered by D
Eddelbuettel and R Francois on Rcpp and R / C++ integration; and a few slots
are still open.

In addition, we have worked hard to extend the great networking opportunities
on both days with longer breaks and more hallway time between sessions.

New for 2011 is a special conference dinner that is held on Friday
evening. Overlooking the river from the famed Chicago Mercantile
Exchange, we have designed it to be a great way to continue the
conversations from the first day, as well as offering a chance to dine
and drink in Chicago style.

More details of the agenda are available at:

 http://www.RinFinance.com

Registration can be directly accessed by going to

 http://www.regonline.com/RinFinance2011

On behalf of the committee and sponsors, we look forward to seeing you
in Chicago!

 Gib Bassett, Peter Carl, Dirk Eddelbuettel, Brian Peterson,
 Dale Rosenthal, Jeffrey Ryan, Joshua Ulrich

Sponsors:
 International Center for Futures and Derivatives at UIC
 Revolution Analytics

 Rstudio
 One Market Data
 lemnica