[Rcpp-devel] passing zoo series between c++ and R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 12 15:32:14 CEST 2011

On 12 April 2011 at 14:10, Giuseppe Milicia wrote:
| I can see no built-in support for zoo objects in Rcpp (I seem to recall there
| was support on the old version), is that right?

I have always split this into a vector of times (trivially using as.numeric()
first on the POSIXct data to use double precision fractional times -- before
I had added a Datetime class) and matrix of data.  You get microsecond
precision (on Linux, Windows only does milliseconds) that way in a format
that is native to C/C++ as well.

That was always good enough for me. Working patches for zoo (or better still,
xts) would be considered.

| If it is has anyone written an extension supporting zoo and is willing to
| share?

As Romain said, cxxPack once went that way, but then cxxPack also ceased to
function or be supported over six months ago.

But this is not the list to discuss cxxPack.