[Rcpp-devel] OpenMP and Rcpp - compiler error

Michael Braun braunm at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 7 06:45:26 CEST 2011

I've tried the MacPorts route, and it takes forever.  Perhaps this is a MacPorts problem, but I've found that it consumes all available system resources as it compiles all possible dependencies before even getting to the compilation of gcc.

On Apr 7, 2011, at 12:34 AM, Davor Cubranic wrote:

> On April 6, 2011 07:49:32 pm Michael Braun wrote:
>> I've been able to upgrade my compiler to g++ 4.6 on the Mac, and I also
>> checked this on a Red Hat Linux system with g++ 4.4.  In both cases, the
>> OpenMP code does compile and run, so I agree that it must have been a
>> compiler issue.  However, 4.6 appears to be an experimental version, with
>> some odd quirks (like not recognizing the -arch option).  I was able to
>> find only a binary for 4.6, and compiling 4.5 takes a very, very long
>> time.  So I'm wondering if you could suggest a source for a binary of a
>> stable version of gcc for the Mac, or possibly suggest a way that Rcpp
>> could run under the compiler that ships with Snow Leopard.
>
> MacPorts has a wide range of versions of GCC: 4.4, 4.5, and 4.6 are all there.
> See http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=gcc
>
> Davor

Michael Braun
Homer A. Burnell (1928) Career Development Professor,
	and Assistant Professor of Management Science (Marketing Group)
MIT Sloan School of Management
100 Main St.., E62-535
Cambridge, MA 02139
braunm at mit.edu