[Rcpp-devel] Inline (ghost from the devel still walks?)

Kaveh Vakili Kaveh.Vakili at ulb.ac.be
Wed Oct 27 23:31:12 CEST 2010

Thanks again. One last question, i have some codes written last year by a colleague 'the other way' (in c++ using RInside) that i can partially use.
Can you make some (necessarily very general) comments on the performance gap between the two approaches (i.e. inline and RInside), all else equal.

In other words, inline seems more convenient/flexible than using Rinside. Does this convenience comes with large costs ?

The HPC slides/FAQ do not seem to address this (maybe the difference is irrelevant).