[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 0.8.7 and RcppArmadillo 0.2.8

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 16 16:36:42 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick heads-up:

i)   Rcpp 0.8.7 is now on CRAN; it depends on R 2.12.0 as it can interoperate
     with the new ReferenceClasses that have been added to R 2.12.0; a few
     internal things got improved as well

     See e.g.
        http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/code/rcpp/
     or
        http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/rcpp.html
     for more.

ii)  RcppArmadillo 0.2.8 just went to CRAN and should appear within a day or
     two; this includes the new Armadillo 0.9.90 code releases by Conrad two
     days ago but no changes from our end.  I'll write a short blog post too
     in due course,

Questions, comments, ... as always welcome.

Cheers,  Dirk