[Rcpp-devel] Ref classes: can I register fields as I register methods?

Janko Thyson janko.thyson at ku-eichstaett.de
Sun Nov 21 23:53:31 CET 2010

Hi there,

is it possible to register fields as you can register methods with
getRefClass("Classname")$methods(.)?

I know that you should usually give some thought on which fields you need
and hardcode them in the class def. But I'm playing around with dynamically
creating/extending sort of a template class that already offers basic
functionality shared by all objects that "inherit" from that class. If I
follow the usual inheritance paradigm I would have to actually define those
new "subclasses" and let them inherit from the superclass (contains
argument), right? But can I get around that by sort of registering new
fields? Maybe with 'initFields(.)'?

Thanks for any info on that,
Janko

##### SYSTEM INFO #####