[Rcpp-devel] Using Rcpp in MS VC++

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri May 28 05:22:02 CEST 2010

On 27 May 2010 at 22:37, R_help Help wrote:
| Hi - I tried to start using Rcpp in MS VC++. As expected, with my
| experience I can't get it to work. The compiled Rcpp.dll was compiled
| with MinGW and the mangled name convention seem to be totally
| different from MS VC++ convention. I also tried compiling the source
| within VC++ myself. However, I have to ensure that I expose all
| necessary functions, classes and members to the dll explicitly.
|
| I'm wondering if there's any better way to get it to work in VC++? Any
| suggestion is highly recommended. Thanks.

This is not supported, was never supported and will not be supported until
either one of

   a) the msvc compiler grows up and gets itself full POSIX support, or

   b) someone sits down and rewrites R to work with the subset (yeah, right)

   c) hell freezes over

happens. Note that even when Revolution Computing/Analystics/Whatever built
their windows 64 port (before one could do so with mingw) they had to use
intel's compiler instead.

So in short: not a chance.

--
  Regards, Dirk