[Rcpp-devel] basic usage help

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 27 17:34:07 CEST 2010

On 27 May 2010 at 08:19, Vinh Nguyen wrote:
| My next question is: if I have both .c and .cpp files in ./src/ is
| made from RcppArmadillo's skeleton function is OK right?  I never
| understood the stuff about libraries and headers so I never know
| what's going on under the hood.  I just tried building a package with
| both kinds of files and the package built without an error.

These are basic questions that are addressed by, inter alia,

      - the R Extensions manual

      - examples among the 2300+ packages on CRAN

      - books such as V + R's "S Programming", Gentleman's "R Programming for
        BioInformatics" (which is not about BioInformatics) or Chambers
        "Software for Data Analysis"

But it is off-topic here.

You need to teach yourself the mechanics of doing a package with one function
calling one C or C++ function.

Once you grok that, try one that calls an external library. Once you grok
both those aspects come back to RcppArmadillo.

You are fighting too many moving parts at once.

--
  Regards, Dirk