[Rcpp-devel] ColDatum constructors memory safety

Alistair Gee alistair.gee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 14:55:37 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 16 March 2010 at 16:59, Alistair Gee wrote:
> | Here are patches to RcppFrame.h:
>
> Sweet!  Thanks a lot!
>
> Now, just to top it off, could provide a unit test that would ideally trigger
> the issue (or something related) pre-fix but not post-fix?
>
> Dirk

I'm not sure how to write a test for this since it is triggered by C++
code (as opposed to R code), and the bug was only noticeable (aside
from occasional segfaults) when I inspected the code. What do you
suggest?

The code that I had that would trigger the problem was:

   vector<ColDatum> colDatumVector(10);