[Rcpp-devel] Is there an Rcpp class for arrays with > 2 dimensions?

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Tue Jun 15 20:19:54 CEST 2010

Le 15/06/10 20:08, Douglas Bates a écrit :

> I may be confusing Armadillo classes and Rcpp classes but I seem to
> recall that there is an Rcpp class for arrays with more than 2
> dimensions.  However, I can't find anything that looks like that in
> the declarations or in the unit tests.  I can easily create such an
> object by installing a dim attribute on a Vector type but I didn't
> want to reinvent the wheel.
>
> Is there such a class or am I misremembering?

We do not have invented that wheel. It should not be too hard to
generalize what we do with Rcpp::Matrix

You can ignore the member functions that have diag in their names.

although, we would probably also have to extend the Vector::operator()
for more dimensions, and probably also Vector::offset.

I feel somewhat lazy here, but if you or someone else decides to pick it
up, I will have a look.

Romain

--
Romain Francois