[Rcpp-devel] Question about RInside execution

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 15 00:47:18 CEST 2010

Hi Geunseop,

Thanks for interest in RInside, but *please* use the rcpp-devel list which I
will now CC.  You need to subscribe there to post, the interface is via
R-Forge.

On 14 June 2010 at 18:32, GEUN SEOP LEE wrote:
| Dear Dr. Eddelbuettel,
|
|  My name is Geunseop Lee and Ph.D student at Pennsylvania State University.
| Recently, I was interested in using R function to my C++ program and found your
| website. I succeeded in compiling my program with your library(RInside) using
| MinGW compiler at Window XP. Source code for test was brought from your blog.
| But the error message box "Fatal error : unable to open the base package" poped
| up whenever I tried to execute the execution file.

That indicates that something is wrong with your setup.

Given that you have not provided anything reproducible, there is no help I
can offer beyond saying that you should start by getting the examples in the
RInside sources to work. That normally involves nothing more than saying
'make' or, on Windows, 'make -f Makefile.win'.

That said, we currently (and, unfortunately for a while now) have a bug
between RInside and Rcpp which leads to immediate segfaults on Windows. We
have to look at some instantiation issues.  But neither I nor Romain uses
Windows much so we haven't been to motivated.

Plus, the older versions Rcpp 0.7.1 and RInside do work, so I recommend you
pick those and stick with them for now.

Hope this helps.

--
  Regards, Dirk