[Rcpp-devel] [R] problem with building package on CRAN

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Mon Jul 26 23:25:46 CEST 2010

Hello,

(ccing Rcpp-devel too because this is relevant)

This comes up every now and again on packages that are completely
unrelated to Rcpp. We don't know yet why or what to do to fix the issue.
I believe (but this might not be the case) that this is due to packages
that do use Rcpp and fail to follow our guidelines and documentation and
emails about using LinkingTo to pull in header files.
See
http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/rcpp-devel/2010-July/000898.html

I'm really sorry you are caught in the middle of this, there is probably
nothing wrong with your package, it just happens sort of randomly. I
believe the chances of this happening would be lower if package
developers (of package using Rcpp) would be so kind and follow our
guidelines, but we can only offer to write the guidelines, we cannot
force them to read or apply them.

Romain

--
Romain Francois