[Rcpp-devel] Windows parallel build bug

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 18:34:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:42 AM, <romain at r-enthusiasts.com> wrote:

> Le 21 juil. 2010 à 11:26, Dominick Samperi <djsamperi at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Are there any plans to address the Windows parallel build bug?
>
> Yes
>
> > Uwe has suggested that it might have something to do with
> > GNU make's $(shell), and I sent out a proposed work-around
> > earlier (it eliminates the need to use GNU make's shell
> > escape).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dominick
>
> We usually try not to use configure(.win) files because in multi-arch
> platforms, like osx or soon windows, it brings some subtleties.

Thanks. But it should be noted that the problem only appears under Windows,
so the
work-around is only required for Windows, and it works for all Windows
arch's (of which
there are only two). Furthermore, it is already common practice to treat
Windows as
a special case (by using Makevars.win).

Dominick