[Rcpp-devel] recommended way to use Rcpp in packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jul 16 20:17:20 CEST 2010

And now all Rcpp-using packages have been rebuilt, and everything is in order
as it was prior to the Rcpp 0.8.4 release.

There was no interface change, and no change was required from the side of
the packages using Rcpp. In particular, the straightforward packages
bifactorial, highlight, minqa, mvabund, sdcTable and termstr are all in good
standing with at the most an issue with the previous R release ('oldrel').

Again, thanks to Uwe for looking after the (tedious) Windows builds and for
correcting the initial hick-up.

Going forward, switching to LinkingTo: is still recommended for headers, and
updating the link instruction is probably also a good idea before R 2.12
comes out in 2 1/2 months.  Details are in Romain's earlier email, and we may
come back with updated recommendation based on what we see with our packages.

--
  Regards, Dirk