[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 0.8.3 and those other operating systems

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 18:19:53 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Whit Armstrong <armstrong.whit at gmail.com>wrote:

> Rcpp is on one of the most rapid development cycles that I've ever
> seen.  If you want stability, then why don't you wait about six more
> months before you start using Rcpp in your projects.

I have been using the Rcpp library in my projects since 2005 when I
created it (see CRAN package page for cxxPack / Old sources / Ancestry).
I agree that the pace of development for what is now known as the Rcpp
project increased dramatically after November of 2009, immediately after
I released a major update to the Rcpp library (in RcppTemplate package).
See the README file from Rcpp 0.8.3, which was created after my update,
for additional information.

For this reason and to prevent wasteful duplication of effort I
decided to standardize on this work. Thus RcppTemplate became
cxxPack.

Thanks,
Dominick