[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 0.8.3 and those other operating systems

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 05:07:31 CEST 2010

Dominick, wtf?

Rcpp is on one of the most rapid development cycles that I've ever
seen.  If you want stability, then why don't you wait about six more
months before you start using Rcpp in your projects.

Alternatively, you can easily center your package on a particular
version by enclosing your preferred version of Rcpp inside of your
package.  git submodules make this task particularly easy:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#submodules.

We c++ users are very lucky that Romain and Dirk are making it so easy
to use c++ within R.  Please don't lose sight of the larger picture
because a few builds break every now and then.

-Whit