[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 0.8.3 and those other operating systems

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:18:12 CEST 2010

Le 06/07/10 18:11, Douglas Bates a écrit :

> The lme4a package currently depends on Rcpp_0.8.3 and uses some
> "sugar" constructions - but only in a few places and I could replace
> those with explicit loops or calls to std::transform fairly easily.
>
> I see that Rcpp_0.8.3 is available on CRAN as the source code package
> but the Windows and OS X binaries are still at 0.8.2
>
> Furthermore the nightly R-forge builds of lme4a are failing on Windows
> and OS X when they hit a sugar construction.
>
> Would I be well-advised to back out the use of Rcpp sugar if I want to
> have a package available for the tutorial preceding useR!2010?  It is
> not a big deal to do that but still it is something I would prefer to
> avoid if Windows and Mac OS X builds of 0.8.3 are just around the
> corner.

The svn version of Rcpp works on windows (at least on my copy).

As Dirk said, we do definitely want Rcpp 0.8.4 before useR, preferably
before the end of this week.

I'm not sure why it does not work on the ppc arch on OSX, we might be
using a compiler feature that was introduced after moving to intel ... I
need to have a closer look and perhaps involve the r-sig-mac list.

solaris is something else entirely. We might need more iterations.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast