[Rcpp-devel] Work-around for Stangle failure on Rcpp-modules.Rnw?

Romain Francois romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Mon Jul 5 10:20:47 CEST 2010

Le 28/06/10 16:19, Douglas Bates a écrit :

> I have been unable to install Rcpp SVN revision 1758.  It fails to
> build the package indices with error message
>
> ** building package indices ...
> Error : running Stangle on vignette
> '/home/bates/sloc/Rcpp/inst/doc/Rcpp-modules.Rnw' failed with message:
> invalid value for 'lang' : cpp
> ERROR: installing package indices failed
>
> Can anyone suggest a work-around?

I don't have much to add to the discussion.

The whole "-fake" vignette business is used because R does not offer a
way to control which sweave driver is used, so we let R build the fake
vignette, and then we just overwrite it with the real vignette when we
have a chance to control what happens (the make step).

This is a discussion I'd like to promote to R-devel at some point, but I
have not found the energy yet ...

Romain

--
Romain Francois