[Rcpp-devel] [Rd] Problem with dyn.load() under Windows 64bit at CRAN

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:10:11 CEST 2010

2010/6/30 Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>

> On 30.06.2010 15:44, Dominick Samperi wrote:
>
> Another odd thing about this is that everything worked under Windows 64bit
>> before the changes were made to serialize the build of packages that
>> depend on each other.
>>
>  That's untrue. I try to serialize some things on winbuilder.

There was a problem building packages that depended on Rcpp due to the
parallel build process used at CRAN (and a bug in GNU make). The CRAN
build process was changed (by serializing dependent packages) to fix this
problem. The package cxxPack built fine under Windows 64bit before this
change was implemented. Now it fails.

Today the build of cxxPack fails under most of the OS's, and it appears that
the problem is due to a new release of Rcpp.

Perhaps the idea of wrapping libs inside packages simply does not work,
at least not without extra support and attention from the CRAN team.

One possible resolution would be to incorporate whatever I need from Rcpp
into cxxPack to eliminate the package dependency.

Thanks,
Dominick