[Rcpp-devel] Keep variables in C++ environment

Mattias Nyström Mattias.Nystrom at srh.slu.se
Wed Jan 27 17:29:20 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm using the Rcpp package to do some operations in C++. For example reading large files and do some calculations. I call the C++ function several times, so I would like the C++ environment keep the objects and variables in the memory when I'm going back to R. So my question; is it possible to set variables, read in files, etc. in C++ and keep them in the memory until I call the function next time?

Another question, is this the right mailing list for how-to-use-Rcpp-questions, or is it only for the developing of Rcpp?