[Rcpp-devel] Garbage collection PreserveObject.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jan 24 18:36:01 CET 2010

On 24 January 2010 at 18:13, Guillaume Yziquel wrote:
| But at least, you, Dirk and Whit all have an interest in garbage
| collection. So it's a more restricted audience, but not necessarily the
| worst. But I'll also ask a few questions of R-devel at .

Our approach ("let R do what R is good at, and simply make it easier to get
to/from it via C++") is very different from your mission of mixing a strongly
typed language with one that is not.

As I recall, quite a few people already told you that you would have
trouble. I admire your insistence, but I can not help you.

| Nevertheless, it is true that there are some issues as to allowing
| lightweight threading between R code and OCaml code. I would need some

R is single-threaded. That is fairly well documented, and not expected to
change.

| I'll stop polluting this list.

I appreciate it.  Keep r-devel posted about your progress from time to time.