[Rcpp-devel] release 0.7.1 ?

Romain François francoisromain at free.fr
Fri Jan 1 09:35:21 CET 2010

Hello,

I've commited the two last items I wanted to commit into the new API:

- protect has been reworded to preserve to avoid confusion with
PROTECT/UNPROTECT. I might add protect/unprotect methods later to allow
PROTECT/UNPROTECT protection

- I've removed many constructors RObject::RObject and replaced them with
the set of functions Rcpp::wrap, taking the same arguments and returning
instances of RObject. The idea is that these constructors do not pollute
classes that inherit from RObject, and also later when we have a more
complete API, we can have for example

Rcpp::Double Rcpp::wrap( const double& d )

Double being an extension of RObject dealing specifically with double
vectors, in which we'll have for example operator[] and iterators so
that we can apply STL algorithms to R vectors.

but before that we need to release.

Are you happy with Rcpp::wrap or should it be something else. I do not
mind, but we need to decide before we release. To reduce typing it does
not even need to be in the Rcpp namespace.

Also, maybe the typedef RcppSexp is not good enough anymore, should I
recreate a class RcppSexp with all constructors to keep backwards
compatibility.

I'm starting to work on what will go in 0.7.2 but I won't commit until
release.

Romain

--
Romain Francois