[Rcpp-devel] Persistence of C++ changes in R.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 23 13:53:37 CET 2010

Cedric,

On 23 December 2010 at 08:38, Cedric Ginestet wrote:
| Thanks Douglas and Dirk,
|
| Just to answer Douglas: No, I didn't get an error message when compiling
| the cxx.function that I posted yesterday. Regarding the use of clone, is

You really want to revisit your compiler flags.  Most folks are happy to have
"-Wall", I even add "-fpedantic".

Heed and cherish the compiler warnings.

| it more time consuming to use this particular command?

Of course it is -- because you want the copy operation to be undertaken (as
Doug just explained to you).  If you want to save the time, you don't use
clone ... and you are back to square one where you will complain about your
copy being modified.

You really can't have your cake and eat it, as they say.