[Rcpp-devel] Documentation on Rcpp::XPtr class

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Sun Dec 19 21:44:01 CET 2010

I have been using external pointers through the Rcpp::Xptr class and
have encountered memory problems that I think are related to the way I
construct instances of this class.  I have looked at
Rcpp/inst/unitTests/runit.XPtr.R and at Rcpp/inst/include/XPtr.h
(although I haven't read the latter carefully).  There is also a
section in "Writing R Extensions" on external pointers and weak
references.  Is there anything that I have missed?