[Rcpp-devel] RInside 0.2.3 on Windows?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Dec 15 17:03:18 CET 2010

On 15 December 2010 at 10:07, Carl Vincent wrote:
| Thanks Dirk to answer me so quickly!
|
| But, I've looked again at the Rcpp-FAQ, and I don't understand what you want me
| to look/do...
| The questions 2.7 and 2.8 (in the Rcpp-FAQ that I have) are :
|
| 2.7 Does Rcpp work on windows?
| --> I've checked, i've already used the Windows binaries provided by CRAN.
|
| 2.8 Can I use Rcpp with Visual Studio?
| --> I don't use Visual Studio. I only use the Windows' command prompt.
|
| Maybe, I don't have the good version of the FAQ...

Maybe I misread your mail: you were going on about setting include paths and
libraries and what have you -- usually a sign a of people fighting with
visual whatever. Which does not work, hence my hint at Q 2.8 in the FAQ.

If you have R and Rtools and know how to build a general R package using 'R
CMD INSTALL ...' or 'R CMD build ...' then you're fine.   Rcpp is no
different.

Lastly, RInside does not currently work on Windows though an older version
did.  Debugging help welcome; Romain and I don't work much on Windows and are
unlikely to fix that soon.

Dirk