[Rcpp-devel] Enquire on Rcpp::wrap or equivilant

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Dec 7 17:15:20 CET 2010

On 7 December 2010 at 14:38, Tama Ma wrote:
| 	BTW, I really like the RCPP_MODULE very much.
|
| 	Please tell me if I can contribute to RCpp as a developer or a helper.

Rcpp, just like many other projects, keeps a TODO file (in sources in SVN and
tarballs) which we update every now and then.

There are surely areas where we could use a helping hand.  Doug once started
to carry over unit tests from R for our 'sugar' statistical functions. That
alone is fairly straightforward (if you know where to find them in the R
sources), not too hard and gets you a feel for the source code.  Plus it
instills the religious belief in unit testing :)

There are of course other tasks too.  Take a peek at TODO and let us know.
Patches, especially when they also cover respective documentation and tests,
are always welcome for items in the TODO list.  Other tasks may be welcome
too, but it may help to first discuss them here.  We do of course reserve a
right to refuse patches.

Hope this helps,  Dirk